Thursday, January 08, 2009

Cherry Blossoms


Hello all,

I hope you will all bear with me as blogs are not my forte, and hence I'm mostly winging it here and hoping it looks correct when I hit publish.

I'm in my second year and Florida State, and incidentally am Brian's cousin, which would explain how I came to know him.  Or rather how he came to know me.  Nonetheless, I am studying photography and graphic design.  I shoot freelance for the University's newspaper, and do other stuff when I feel like it.  Sometimes I go dancing, and sometimes I eat tacos.  But that's neither here nor there.

I also got a Rubik's cube for christmas.  I've been playing with it a lot lately.  I beat it twice with the aid of the instructions.  I'm not sure if that counts.

The picture I included is from a football game this past fall, FSU's homecoming game against Boston College.  The Coast Guard did a flyover while the Marching Chiefs and the alumni band danced and tooted their merry horns on the field.

I also have a website if anyone is interested in perusing that, I would love to hear what you think of it.  http://www.reidcompton.com

So, it is a pleasure to informally e-meet all of you, and I look forward to seeing lots of pictures.
Cordially,
Reid

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you too ^_^
    Wow, thats an awesome photo
    Night photography = not my forte, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I beat the rubik's too. Except I figured out how to take it apart. I'm pretty sure that was cheating. :)

    Awesome shot. I love how open it is. May I ask what lens you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be such a delight to view both of my grandson's great photos on the same blog...
    I'm not lazy... I just don't like to travel too far

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quantaray 28-90 f 3.5-5.6 on 28mm at f3.5

    And yes, I do believe that is cheating, lol.

    ReplyDelete